Fresh back from a short tour of the US and Japan, Paul Weller talks about the 30th anniversary of The Jam's sixth and final studio album, The Gift, and where he's at right now. Repost From The Huffington Post By: Jason Holmes Paul Weller bounds into his chair, an electronic cigarette gripped in his hand. We're in the BBC's Studio Three in Maida Vale. Visibly calm owing to post-tour exhaustion and a morning trip to the gym, Weller is here to be interviewed by John Wilson for BBC Radio 4's Mastertapes series. "Back in those days, bands put out an album a year, you toured with it for a year, then you went back in the studio and repeated the process. Looking back, I was glad I experienced that pressure. It helped me refine my craft and find myself as a writer. It kept me on my toes," says Weller, Gibson acoustic on knee. "It wasn't a treadmill, it was just what bands did back then. I never questioned it." Lest the passing decades dim...
Nope....not getting it. I get the whole experimentation thing, but this is noise not music. I love ya PW but I cant do this. Whatcha got planned next though??
ReplyDeleteExcellent track ..full of energy ...hopefully others will get it but I love it and can see this track going down a storm live
ReplyDeleteScott Walker plugged in to the mains!
ReplyDeleteim loving the new direction...want to hear the whole album as a body of work but from what ive heard knocking around on the net it sounds aces
ReplyDelete